Tag: All About Mark
The Man I Married
1. What is his name? Mark
2. Who eats more? Mark.... Unless we're talking pizza or sweets. I've got the market on those. : )
3. Who said I love you first? Mark again. He said it so fast that it kind of shocked me.
4. Who is taller? We're technically the same height, though we measured once standing back to back with a cereal box across our heads, and he swears it tipped "ever so slightly" toward me. So if you asked him, he would probably just say "Me" without the story. :D
5. Who is smarter? Mark is. Would any other answer really be appropriate in a survey about him?
6. Who is more sensitive? Mark. (See above) I kid, I kid. I'm the sensitive one.
7. Who does the laundry? Mark, per an agreement. I cover the kitchen, he does the laundry. It's probably the chore I detest the absolute most, so it works out pretty well for me!
8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Mark does. It's closest to the door. If we moved the bed in a different direction, I would.
9. Who pays the bills? We both pay the bills.
10. Who cooks more? Me. This fits in with the laundry agreement.
11. What meals do you cook together? Anything that goes on the grill is in Mark's ballpark.
12. Who is more stubborn? Mark. Definitely.
13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? Me. Sometimes. But that's because Mark is always right. No, really. I lack logic sometimes.
14. Who has more siblings? I do; I have 3 and he has 1.
15. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Most of the time, it's Mark. I always defer to him. But he usually defers to me, and calls me "The Boss" to others. So I would say we're fairly equal.
16. What do you like to do together? Photography, ride bikes, go on road trips, take our bikes with us on our road trips, play with our puppy, travel, and work on houses.
17. Who eats more sweets? Me. Hands down, no doubt about it. Mark doesn't have much of a sweet tooth. And I do. Let's just leave it at that.
18. Guilty pleasures? He likes to research camera gear, photography sites and books, and all sorts of techie gadget stuff.
19. How did you meet? We were in the same student ward in Moscow, and my roommate was dating one of his roommates, so I would go over there with her. Officially, I called him for some records of mine, because he was the Ward Clerk, and so he came to my house to bring them to me. I made him hot chocolate and he stayed and talked for a while. (Without ever telling me how badly the hot chocolate was hurting his stomach...)
20. When did you fall in love with him? One of our first real dates... We went for a late-night hike and sat down on some big rocks and talked about our families and all sorts of things. I knew I wanted to marry him that night.
21. Who has changed the most since you married? We've both changed a lot. I've probably changed more, because I had a lot of growing up to do, and I'd like to think I've been at least making an improvement in the last 3 years! ;)
22. Who proposed? Mark did, but we had already bought our rings and started making plans. The only surprise was when he was planning to actually ask me. Even though he already knew my answer. It was so much fun though once it was official!
23. His best features? There are far, far too many to list here. And besides, I don't want my gentle readers to have to excuse themselves to vomit because of all the mushy, lovey-dovey things I could say. But I love how good and genuine he is. And he is like that with everyone he meets. Mark is one of the most sincere people I have ever met. You just can't go wrong with him. I'm sure as he's reading this, he's thinking "What about my big muscles and absolute killer manliness?" And alas, he would be right. Mark is also a very manly-man, with muscles on the outside to compliment his giant heart on the inside.
24. What is his greatest quality? I guess I kind of answered this just now (see above). Another great quality is his mind. Mark is able to do anything he wants, and do it extremely well. He's so intelligent, and always has a good response for any question or situation. He is the best Gospel Doctrine teacher I have ever observed. His mind just works so fast and is so focused! I admire so many things about him, but the one I'm thinking about right now sure is nice to have in our home! :D
I was tagged by Kathryn, and I now tag... Jade S., Jackie S., Wendy S., Kim S., Coleen S., and Missy G. Man, I had a thing going there with the Ss, and I didn't even know it! :D